(for 4-5 pieces of white bread)
- In a small bowl: mix 1 tsp cinnamon sugar, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 2 tsps sugar
- In a large bowl: mix 2 large eggs, 2/3 cup of milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Mix with whisk until a uniform consistency.
- Pour contents of small bowl into large bowl and continue mixing.
- Prime skillet with butter over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in bowl mixture then place in skillet and cook
both sides until golden brown - takes about 30 sec per side.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top. Serve with maple syrup.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Combine 1 1/4 cups of peanut butter, 1 1/4 cups of salted butter (NOT
margarine), and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a glass bowl and melt in the
microwave for 90 - 120 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir in 3 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar. Slowly
mix it in one cup at a time (a rubber spatula is ideal for this as the peanut butter
will thicken as it cools and become difficult to stir as more sugar is added).
- Once the mixture is thoroughly combined, grease an 8" square pan with butter
and transfer the mixture to the pan, spreading it evenly with the spatula.
- Now, combine 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 7 ounces sweetened
condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can), and 2 Tblspoons of butter in a glass
bowl and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Stir until smooth (it may be necessary to reheat in the microwave for 20 seconds
- Pour chocolate mixture over the peanut butter in the pan and spread smooth with
spatula. Chill pan in refrigerator for an hour or so until the fudge is ready to cut
Sweet Potato Casserole
- Peel and cut into small cubes, 5-6 medium sweet potatoes.
- Add potatoes to a large pot of water flavored with 1 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil
over high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and let the potatoes cook until
they are very tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain water from pot and place the potatoes in a large bowl. Mash with a potato
masher. Then fold in 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar, 4 Tblspns (1/2 stick) of butter,
1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract, and 1 tsp of salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Spread potato mixture evenly in 11 x 7 inch pyrex baking dish and preheat oven to
- TOPPING: While the oven is preheating, whisk together 3/4 cup of packed brown
sugar, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 4 Tblspns softened butter, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1-2
eggs in a medium bowl.
- Spread topping evenly over sweet potato mixture in dish. Sprinkle 2 cups of mini-
marshmallows over top.
- Put in oven and bake until mostly set in the center and golden on top (about 25-30
minutes). Serve hot.